By maintaining valuable equipment and machinery with the right lubricant, it is possible to reduce unplanned downtime, improve productivity and ultimately reduce total cost of ownership (TCO) for construction projects
Building a case for high performance lubricants
The construction industry is under increasing pressure to do more with less but when it comes to keeping your construction site moving, lubricants are often overlooked. In fact, a study carried out by Shell Lubricants found that 67% of companies did not believe that selecting a higher quality lubricant could help reduce unplanned downtime and 54% did not expect that it could help cut maintenance costs.
Construction equipment and machinery often operates in harsh conditions and in addition to the OEM specification, the equipment’s design, environmental conditions and environment all need to be taken into consideration when selecting the right lubricant.
The main application areas for construction lubricants are the engine, hydraulic pumps and axles and transmissions which are all essential components for keeping machinery moving. Our range of products meet specifications for Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) Caterpillar, JCB, Sany and Volvo.
Facts & Figures
- National network, local delivery
- Reliable deliveries
- Payment options
- FORS member
- Specialist products
- Dedicated tanker fleet
Protecting fleets, maximising performance
When looking to make savings on a construction site; gas oil, lubricants and AdBlue are some of the first places site managers look to cut costs. But not all products are created equal. While opting for cheaper products can help to save money in the short term, the price of poor quality over time can far outweigh any initial savings.
Smooth out inefficiencies
Choosing a high-performance lubricant that effectively keeps components clean of deposits and protects against wear can increase the availability of machinery, extend equipment life and cut periods of unplanned downtime. By decreasing spend on spare parts and maintenance, high quality lubricants create savings that far exceed what can be achieved by selecting products based on the lowest cost.
Total fuel management solutions
Our client partnerships begin with us developing a real understanding of your needs and priorities for total fuel management and reliable bulk fuel and lubricant supply. Taking a collaborative approach, we listen carefully to fully appreciate your business challenges and, where appropriate, suggest fuel and lubricants products and services to help you to achieve your construction and commercial goals.
- Lubricants robust enough for older engines and those operating tough conditions and environments
- Transmission fluids for automatic gearboxes, traditional synchromesh, and differential final drive gear systems
- Heavy-Duty Diesel Engine Oil (HDDEO) blended from selected base stocks and advanced additives to provide the ultimate in engine protection with extended oil drain intervals
- Hydraulic oils renowned for high-performance and anti-wear capabilities
- Greases formulated to provide excellent protection against wear caused by heavy-load or shock-load operation
- Rock drill oils specially developed for the lubrication of pneumatically-operated rock drills and other air-operated percussion tools in construction environments
- Rust Preventatives offering Valvoline Tectyl protective coatings to extend the operational life of vehicles and equipment. For more information click here.
- AdBlue® designed for use in diesel engines to ensure they meet the standards for Euro 5 and Euro 6 diesel emissions. For more information click here.